WHO WE ARE
It is a legal entity registered under the National Sports Council of Zambia (NSCZ) to which all Sports Associations in the country are regulated and affiliated. The (NSCZ) is established through the Sports Council of Zambia Act Cap 142 where all powers and regulatory functions of the Council are stipulated. It affiliated to the FIFA, CAF, COSAFA, and the National Sports Council of Zambia (NSCZ).
WHAT WE DO
FAZ is mandated to perform the following key functions:
- Develop and identify Football, Futsal and Beach Soccer talents from grassroots to national levels, for both male and female.
- Raise the standard of football through capacity building of coaches, referees, sports medicine personnel, and football managers.
- Carry out research on the best practices in football.
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained for clubs through licensing as in line with FIFA guidelines.
- Encourage, uphold and improve the standards of training and professional development of players both in the country and abroad.
- Maintain close contacts with local clubs and through affiliation and registration of players, manage their club transfers in line with FAZ and FIFA rules.
- Manage local and International competitions.
To continuously develop and manage quality football in Zambia and position ‘Chipolopolo’ as a continental powerhouse and global force to meet stakeholders’ expectations.
To be a world-class Football Association recognised as a beacon of excellence in football development, administration, and management.
Professionalism, Integrity, Transparency, Honesty, Teamwork, Fairness, and Accountability (refer to copy from brand manual)
goalie saves, goalie mistakes, volleys and more.” top=”tiny” bottom=”medium”][/trx_call_to_action][trx_block align=”center” bottom=”large”][trx_button style=”border” size=”large” link=”#about_video” popup=”yes”]View Video[/trx_button][/trx_block]